This is a Sangria recipe from I have been using from a good friend. I’m not sure where he got the recipe to give it proper attribution but this makes a great summer drink. Now that the tempeture is warming up and a big time early spring here in North Carolina I figure it would be a good time to share. For this recipe I use a good Spanish or Chilean red table wine. It great for parties, hanging out at the pool or just plain relaxing.
Sangria Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1 (750-ml) bottle sparkling water, chilled
Sangria Recipe Directions
Combine everything but the sparkling water in a large plastic container or glass pitchers. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the sparkling water.